The best juicer for solid fruit and vegetables.
Vegetable juicers are essential for those who adhere to the principles of healthy eating and prepare freshly squeezed juices. When selecting a juicer, consider the following factors:
- how often you will use it;
- what type of product is preferred;
- additional functions available.
Which juicers should I choose for my house?
By choosing a household vegetable squeezer, you decide how to use it. If you need it to get 1-2 glasses of juice for breakfast, you can buy a cheap low consumption model, to ensure the juice of a large family or empty spaces for winter, choose an assembly of greater power and reliability. According to the spinning principle, there are three main types of juicers:
Before choosing a household juicer, you’ll be able to understand the features, advantages and differences inherent in a particular model. Pay attention to the manufacturer company, the well-known brand unit will squeeze the juice from the fruit more effectively, work without noise and will have a more visible appearance. Important and the material used in the production, made of poor plastic, can convey an unpleasant taste to the drink and quickly deteriorate. Vegetable juicers, which has a wide range of functions – a good solution for the home.
To decide which juicers to choose for your home, study the possible functions and find out what will be the quality of juice offered by the different models. Consider the performance characteristics of centrifugal juicers. We attribute this to their merits:
- High speed mode;
- high productivity;
- ease of use;
- wide neck of models.
The disadvantages of centrifugal juicers are:
- If the juice is heated during cooking, it may not be stored for more than 20 minutes;
- contact of air with juice, the beverage foam and oxidize;
- Large consumption of the product, the cake is not squeezed completely, a lot of waste;
- noisy operation of the unit.
Screw squeezer for vegetables
Before choosing a juicer, compare the efficiency of its work with other types of aggregates, find out its cost, the quality of the juice obtained and then decide to buy it. Vegetable juicers are able to squeeze up to 95% of juice from products, while they can also be obtained from herbs, cereals and nuts. The advantages of juicers are the following operating parameters:
- the juice in them is not oxidized, preserving vitamins and trace elements;
- the duration can be up to two days;
- the work process is characterised by a low noise level
- self-cleaning function;
- good rotation, minimum deviation;
- low power consumption and high safety.
Juicer types are more expensive than other types, but they also have other additional functions, often reminiscent of a kitchen combination. There are some disadvantages of this kind:
- narrow groove, preliminary grinding of the products is required;
- The working time is no more than half an hour, so you need to take a break;
- The juice is obtained from the pulp, strongly concentrated, to obtain a transparent product you must use an additional sieve;
- If the fruit is too ripe, chop the mashed potatoes.
Juicers for vegetables
In deciding which citrus squeezer to choose, take a closer look at the apparently simple but powerful manual models. Working without noise, they do not need electricity, they have a technological characteristic: cold pressing, which preserves more vitamins, the juice becomes saturated, not oxidized. A manual juicer is indispensable for picnics, trips or for people who don’t need a large amount of juice and expensive units. At the same time the manual models are compact, they don’t need much storage space.
Mini juicer for vegetables
A small household appliance is a compact vegetable juicer, capable of producing 400-500 ml of juice simultaneously, it is economical and functional. Doctors do not recommend that dietitians drink more than 100ml of freshly squeezed juice at the same time, so a miniature device is suitable for a family of several. The best choice will be a universal two-speed model, with a large opening for the supply of vegetables. A small juicer has a number of positive qualities:
- is easy to install on a small work surface;
- The mini model can not be removed in the closet, it will always be at hand;
- a small device has a lower cost;
- lightness and compactness will allow you to take a centrifuge in a trip, a dacha, a business trip.
How to choose the right juicer?
Before choosing the best type of juicer, determine the purpose of its use and the type of vegetables from which the juice will be squeezed. If the juicer is not used for the intended purpose, the efficiency will drop and instead of 95% juice, it will be about 70%. Study the instructions carefully, indicate products that are not desirable for juiciness.
By producing quality juice from various, hardness, fruit, choose a universal and powerful model. After turning on the device at low speed, recycle soft vegetables for juice, high-quality juices produced from hard fruits. The universal models have two different types of separators:
- Conical. In it the juices are removed automatically, the juice is of high quality, but is smaller in quantity than in the cylindrical separator.
- Cylindrical. This species has a higher productivity, but after 3-4 cups of pressed juice, you need to clean the separator from the cake.
Juicers for soft vegetables
To make soft vegetable juice you need in universal juicers, at low speeds. Before choosing a suitable juicer, consult the store for the availability of a pulp outlet regulator in your prepared juice. This indicator can be obtained by changing the number of slots on the nozzle or by using thin or coarse filters, checking the consistency of the juice. To make a delicious soft vegetable juice, get a vine pattern, a design similar to a meat grinder.
How to choose a juicer for hard vegetables?
Take care of how to choose the best juicer for carrots and other hard vegetables, choose models at low power, but with a slow pressing of the juice of the fruit, produce it very carefully. Most housewives choose the types of vines of juicers, have a wider range of fruits suitable for processing, able to work for a long time without interruption.
Centrifugal juicers are also common, they are able to process a large number of vegetables, perfect for summer residents. This type of juicer lower than the auger as a processing, you do not get a dense and rich juice, but will win in speed. When processing vegetables for juice in this model, they cannot be minced in advance.
Any doctor will give many arguments in favour of freshly squeezed juice. There are whole legends about its medicinal properties. Some people may say why they produce this juice, because the range in the shops is currently quite large. However, not everyone pays attention to the technology of its manufacture. First of all, such juices undergo the process of canning, and this already leads to the loss of 50% of vitamins. In addition, some manufacturers use various food additives, which are not always beneficial for human health.
So, understanding the merits of freshly squeezed juice, you need to choose the right juicer. To do this, it is necessary to decide immediately which technical characteristics should have. There is no need to learn the built-in functions in advance. A universal model is a juicer for vegetables and solid fruit. The feedback from customers on this aggregate is positive, indicating the quality of the product.
Such devices may squeeze fruit and vegetable juice, including citrus fruits. Manufacturers are installing sufficiently powerful filters on universal models to ensure high quality work. For 1 minute it makes about 1000 rotations. That is, these parameters allow you to squeeze the juice even from hard vegetables. Two types of universal models are currently sold:
By conducting a survey among buyers and starting from the feedback heard, you can draw an unequivocal conclusion from which it is better to squeeze. Many prefer conical models, so their range is much wider.
Universal juicers: advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of these models is that a device can squeeze juice from both hard and soft vegetables. Exceptions may be those products that are specified in the instructions.
Let us turn to the disadvantages:
A special cone nozzle is installed in this appliance to allow more efficient preparation of citrus juice. The usual juicer for fruit and vegetables will not be so profitable here. Conclusions can be drawn based on feedback from the owners, who prefer freshly squeezed juice.
Juicers are designed only for certain fruits, such as grapefruit, orange, lemon. In order to squeeze the juice, you need to cut half of the citrus fruits. When the device is turned on, the cone nozzle starts to rotate. On her she put half the fruit and a little pressed by hand or a special device. The juice then drains into a special container.
Contents of the package:
- a capacity of 400 to 1200 ml;
- cone nozzles used for fruit of different diameters;
- motor power from 20 to 80 watts.
- Pulp control – the distance between the cracks influences the density of the prepared juice;
- The direct supply of liquids allows the containers to use a glass;
- Rotation modes change the direction of nozzle movement, which allows you to squeeze juice as much as possible.
Due to their limited specialisation, these juicers do not occupy a leading position in the classification. It should be noted immediately that for the preparation of a large amount of juice, for example, for storage, it is recommended to use other appliances with knives, filters and centrifuges.
This hard vegetable juicer (reviews by many users allow you to judge its effectiveness) works on the principle of graters. As the fruit enters, it is ground into a jelly and, under the action of a centrifuge, the liquid passes through a strainer and the cake folds into a special container or remains in the central hole. Such models cannot be used for fruit with bones, since squeezing juice from them will not work.
Features of the device:
- Approx. 500 W power;
- the volume of the bowl is on average 1 liter;
- tapered or cylindrical separator;
- metal mesh.
Centrifugal juicers for professional fruit and vegetables are often used in institutions such as restaurants, hotels, cafes and others, where there is a steady demand for freshly squeezed juice.
These models are more often mechanical. It is a kind of meat grinder. They have a special shaft, knife and mesh for the nozzles. Their service life is much longer than their electrical life. Ideal for fruit with bones. Many may call it obsolete, but for the preparation of a large capacity you need to use such a juicer for vegetables and solid fruit. The assessment of these models is rather high due to their functionality. They have not lost popularity for a long time.
How to prepare the juice:
- The fruit is loaded into a special hole.
- The shaft starts to rotate with the help of the knob.
- The fruits move on the knife and grind.
- The juice begins to flow through the nozzle grid.
- The pressed cake comes out of a special hole.
The advantage of these models is a high productivity: for 1 hour it is possible to process about 50 kg of fruit.
What could be better: an imported or domestic juicer?
In order to answer this question, it is necessary to understand several important nuances.
However, according to the results of the social surveys, juicers from the imported production of the well-known producers create more confidence. The rating is driven by companies such as Bosh, Electrolux, Philips, Moulinex and others.
Depending on the number of family members, the size of the container is chosen. For example, a small juicer for hard fruits and vegetables, suitable for 200 ml, is suitable for one person. These models are in great demand and are therefore in the range of each manufacturer. But for 4 people or more, we recommend you purchase a 1500 ml device. This is quite convenient if you sit at breakfast all at once.
If everything is very clear with large juicers, then it is worth stopping the little ones in the details. They have many advantages:
Evaluation of the companies-producers
Juicers for solid fruits and vegetables will help keep yourself and your home in good shape. Health to you!
Choosing the right household juicer depends on many factors: the frequency of use of the device, the type of products and the availability of additional features.
Evaluation of the best juicers for the home
Juicers are almost indispensable for those who adhere to the principles of healthy eating. Since it has long been known that the juices and nectars contained in the packages are not only useless, but also harmful to health, the optimal solution is to prepare natural juices yourself. And to avoid confusing ourselves with the variety of juicers offered on the market, we will choose the most qualitative and efficient models.
The best centrifuges
Centrifugal juicers have a rather limited range of options, suitable for juicy vegetables and fruit. The main advantage of these devices is their high performance, while a device with a power up to 500 W is sufficient to obtain several glasses of juice per day.
The best producers of juicers – which company to choose
Buyers prefer to use the juicers of famous brands, noting their high quality and rich functionality.
The best manufacturers in the segment are the following companies:
Working principle and arrangement of juicers
Juicer is a kitchen appliance designed to produce fruit juices, vegetables, nuts and herbs. The variety of these units on the market is quite wide and they all work in their own way, but the general principle remains the same.
Each model featured nozzles or knives that destroy the pulp of the fruit, allowing the juice to flow freely into the container. They may be immobile (such as in juicers), manually operated or powered by an electric motor.
As for the device’s device, with some changes to the design capabilities in any juicer you’ll find the following items:
Depending on the force that causes the movement of the working elements of the juicers, they are divided into 3 main types:
The manual models are simple and primitive, since all the work is done by a person and the device turns into a regular tool for squeezing juice. Very often in this version are juicers for citrus.
Mechanics are a type of printing that must be handled again. Brilliant representatives of devices of this type are a juicer for tomatoes, more like a hand mill, as well as presses for pomegranates and grapes.
Electrical devices often operate according to the same principle as the auger mechanics, only the motor is connected to the shaft. However, among modern juicers there are many rotating models, more like a hybrid of graters and centrifuges. In any case, the efficiency of the electrical aggregates is the highest, since they are able to extract 70 to 95% of the juice from the pulp.
Types of juicers
For citrus fruit
The simplest type of technology, designed to produce fresh juice from lemon, orange, lime, grapefruit and other citrus fruits. It is a kind of bowl with a conical ribbed nozzle, on which it is necessary to insert half of the fruit. So it all depends on the type of machine you choose: if it is an electric model, just turn on the engine and the rotating nozzle squeezes away all the juice from the pulp in the container. With a manual compression you have to slide independently the citrus.
- Compact size;
- Simple and reliable design;
- Economical energy consumption even for electric models (20-60 W);
- Low price
- Not suitable for processing other fruit.
Centrifugal juicers are the most popular and purchased. This type of tool is suitable for processing all berries and vegetables (except fruit with bones). The operating principle of rotary technology is similar to the operation of a washer centrifuge. Only here there is a separator of iron baskets, and above it rotates at a speed of 10000 rpm, disc grinder, which grinds the fruit.
The juicy pulp is separated from the oil cake in the separator and the liquid released under the action of centrifugal force flies out of the basket and flows into the receiver. Unfortunately, the high speed of the mechanisms leads to the heating of the inner bowl, which affects the nutritional value of the drink – some vitamins have time to collapse. The engine itself is also heated. This makes it impossible to his long work – you need to stop the car periodically to rest.
Modern rotary juicers can come with 2 types of separators. Cylindrical allows up to 90% of juice to be extracted from the pulp, but does not have a panel removal system. You must periodically stop the appliance and clean the fruit residue yourself. The juicers with conical basket throw the cake in a special container during operation. But they have another drawback: a lower juice yield than the cylindrical models (about 20%).
- High working speed;
- Simple operation;
- Wide groove (up to 9 cm) for complete laying of food;
- Relatively low cost
- The juice is heated and some of the nutrients it contains are destroyed;
- At high speed, the drink is made from foam;
- Due to the rapid oxidation, the juice is not suitable for long-term storage.
In these models, the fruits are ground by one or two rotating augers which drive a motor at low speed (the speed on the shaft does not exceed 50-80 rpm). Because of this the device does not overheat and can operate continuously for a long time.
Depending on the design and method of installation of the products, the juicers are divided into vertical and horizontal. But both are just as efficient. Such devices are able not only to squeeze up to 95% of fruit juice with seeds, vegetables and herbs – it is quite possible to squeeze oil from nuts, grind coffee or spices.
- Efficient spinning, minimum amount of waste;
- Silent motor operation;
- It does not heat the juice, keeping all the vitamins in it;
- It can process large volumes of products without stopping.
- It works slower than a centrifugal juicer;
- In the finished juice, a lot of pulp;
- Not suitable for processing too soft fruit (bananas, ripe kiwi fruit) – turns them into puree;
- Narrow neck – bookmark products must be cut off.
Selection parameters for juicers
Before you go to the shop for a juicer, determine which fruits and vegetables should be processed most often and which amount of juice your family consumes. Will you use a new appliance to cook other dishes? After you have determined the tasks you placed before the juicer, you can already choose the optimal design. And then everyone will decide the technical characteristics of the device.
Material of manufacture
The body of the mechanism can be made of plastic, aluminium or steel. The first option is easier, but of short duration. In addition, there are higher requirements for environmental safety, so only food-grade plastic is used for the production of juicers.
Aluminium and steel are stronger, but more expensive. However, all internal parts of the device (separator, screws, filter) must be made exclusively of stainless steel, which does not react even with acid products.
Here everything depends on the type of device and the fruits processed in it:
- Juicers to cope with the work, enough and 50 watts;
- For processing soft fruits, such as peaches and bananas, an aggregate with a capacity of 250-500 W;
- Squeezing juice from solid fruits (apples, pears) will require at least 800-1200 watts.
The power, even if indirectly, largely determines the rotation speed of the working elements of the juicer. And the more it is, the faster and more efficient it will be to squeeze the juice from the fruits. A “but”: A drink obtained at high speed will be cloudy because of the excess content of minced pulp. In general, to obtain quality juice from a rotary juicer, the rotation speed is about 10,000 rpm.
High speed mode
Different hardness products require their spinning technology. Therefore, pay attention to the number of speeds and the ability to change them. This will allow you to increase the fruit’s potency with a dense mush or choose a gentle regime for processing delicate fruit.
Modern juicers can have up to 9 speeds, although 3-4 is enough for domestic use. In addition, the availability of pulse and reversal modes is welcome: they will make the processing of solid products more efficient.
For domestic juicers, this indicator is not standardised, but some devices produce very loud noises during operation. And it can come not only from the engine, but also be the result of creaking and fixed design elements. The “quietest” juicers are screw-type, but we also recommend checking them in the store for the level of noise they produce when working at full speed.
Some of the nuances that the designers of domestic juicers have created are able to make working with the device more convenient and convenient.
Pay attention to these details:
- The diameter of the filling neck should be as large as possible (8-9 cm) – this will allow whole fruit to be placed immediately in the unit without being cut.
- The way in which the exhausted oil cake is unloaded will allow large volumes of fruit to be processed practically without stopping. It is very convenient if you provide a separate removable container for this in the juicer.
- The foam separator allows you to get a clean, clear drink that even whimsical children won’t give up.
- The rubberized legs provide the unit with stability on the table.
- The anti-drip system is a useful feature that will not let you stain the tablecloth after filling the glass with the ready juice.
Presence of a container for the juice
Here, the owners must weigh all the pros and cons, because the designs with a complete glass and without it more and less the same.
The presence of a built-in juice tank helps protect the contents from accidental spillage and the scale on the transparent container will show the amount of finished beverage. The amount of built-in capacity is typically small, but will be sufficient for a pair of bookmarks.
The absence of a receptacle indicates that the juicer has a direct juice supply system in the cup or glass. A good excuse not to wash the extra dishes.
Which juicers to choose
- For connoisseurs of lemonades, oranges, and even for admirers of the use of citrus juices in the kitchen there will be enough cheap hand tablets for processing citrus. If you need to twist a large number of fruits, take an electric model with a power of about 25-50 watts.
- For a family of 2-3 persons who drink juices from a variety of products, a centrifugal apparatus with a cylindrical separator is suitable. The optimal power of the device is between 700 W.
- For a large family of 4-5 people and lovers of “eco-vegans”, also fits a rotating crocker, only this time with a cone separator and a power of at least 1 kW.
- For greedy gardeners, who have a large garden and have the opportunity to drink free natural juices at least every day, you need a juicer that can process large quantities of various products. It is better to give up speed and choose a screw model. Power is not particularly important – enough and 200-300 watts.
How much do juicers cost?
- The simplest manual citrus squeezer for citrus will cost you between 100 and 400 rubles.
- For the electric model in plastic at low cost will give not less than 350-800 rubles. Prices for more functional equipment with direct supply of juice and additional options such as “drop-stop” start from 1000 and are lost in the clouds above the sky, after exceeding the limit of 40,000 rubles.
- The cost of rotating juicers without discarding the pulp varies between 1.5-40 thousand. If you add a cake removal system, a stainless steel casing and a full set of useful features to such devices, the price can rise up to 90-110 thousand rubles.
- Vertical screw compressors can be purchased at a price from 3 to 35 thousand rubles, although there are super-expensive models worth 85 to 100 thousand, horizontal ones in the same price category, only their ceiling does not exceed 70,000 rubles.
Sucking love? Tomato, apple, orange, pear, birch … What variety! Summer is approaching, which means we’ll be drinking more to satisfy our thirst. Drinks that each of us prefers differently: someone drinks clean (conditionally clean) water, someone prepares the household compositions and someone likes the freshly squeezed juices. For those who are already thinking about diversifying their juice-based diet, this is to help. Here you will learn how to choose the right juicer, so that the process of preparing juices is a pleasant and easy procedure for you.
As always, before you choose anything, you have to think. Ask yourself: What will juices squeeze from you? If you like citrus juices, or soft and delicate berries, you’ll need a juicer. But I believe that most families love to pamper themselves with juices not only from oranges, since vegetable juices are extremely useful for an adult and an organism of a child, which means that you will need to squeeze juice from solid pieces of fruit and vegetables.
Power and rotation speed of the juicer
As for the power of juicers, will range from 200 to 800 watts. To be able to squeeze juice from different hardnesses and densities of fruits and vegetables, the juicer must have a rotation control. You will need to pay attention to the instructions for the optimal rotation speed of 8000-10000 rpm, and also note that if there is insufficient speed, the juice yield will be lower, and at high speed there will be much pulp in the juice.